Doctrine and Statement of Faith
Our purpose is to present Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of all and to provide a superior education in a Christ-centered environment for our students’ eternal gain. We adhere to the beliefs in our Statement of Faith, but it is not our purpose to preach, teach, or take sides on doctrinal issues, such as baptism, communion, speaking in tongues, the role of women in the church, or other issues where Christian denominations have differing interpretations of the Bible. While we understand students’ and parents’ adherence to their beliefs, we ask that they not be raised at school, either. At CCS, we understand that even though we have different beliefs, we are all members of the same body working together to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to our world.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the final authority in all matters because all Scripture, in its original writing, is inspired by God and inerrant.
- We believe in the biblical teaching that man was created as a direct act of God and not from previously existing forms of life; and that all men are descended from the historical Adam and Eve, first parents of the entire human race.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and, therefore, all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and was fully God and fully man.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and in fulfillment of them, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life is there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe we are living in an Age of Grace made possible by Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross, His resurrection and ascension. Because by grace we are saved, through faith, we offer it freely to others.
- We believe that all who receive Jesus Christ as Savior by faith are born again with the Holy Spirit, thereby becoming children of God, and those believing in Him shall have everlasting life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.